TRUE NORTH CROSSWORDS
by Kathleen Hamilton
All books (including Book 1, second edition) are available at Novel Idea, Kingston's independent bookstore,
and from the online store of the Hamilton Spectator.
Sample crossword here.
- "There's nothing like your puzzles. Thank you for all the hours you've spent developing and refining your art." J. Crawford, Sackville NB
- "Kathleenís puzzles are the perfect mix of Canadiana - English, with some French sprinkled in - and enough references from the rest of the world and myriad topics to keep you on your toes." Luigi Benetton, Toronto
- "I wanted to especially extend my gratitude for the honour you give Canadian authors, artists, musicians, actors and their projects (...) by including them in the crosswords. I was tickled pink to see DaVinci's Inquest (I produced the series for its final five years)." Arvi Liimatainen, BC
- "It is so refreshing to be able to do Canadian content puzzles and, joy of joys, to be able to use Canadian spellings." J. Mason (by email)
- "I have done all seven O Canada and the two True North Books, so now I am resorting to erasing and redoing the puzzles. There is much to be learned from your clues." B. Bell (by email)
- "I am saddened that my weekends will no longer be spent with my good friend - 'North of 49' [in the Toronto Star.] You have entertained me, comforted me, made me laugh, and travelled to numerous places in our long relationship." J. Barnes, Toronto
- "I can't tell you how much I am enjoying your crossword books. It is so nice to have Canadian information, names, correct spelling. Even if there are a lot of French words, I like to learn them. Please continue writing them. (...) Anything I can do to help you get them into stores, I would consider it my patriotic contribution." V. Kristiansen, Sunshine Coast BC
- "I received one of your books and both my husband and I have become hooked on them! We do crosswords in French as well, but I must say lately yours really take the cake!" H. Gautreau-Daigle, Shippagan NB